Roper, Smitty, and Ineka's Fanfic Site
"Roomies" By Roper
Home
Guest Book
Our Polls!
Contact Us
LOTR
Third Watch
Star Trek: Enterprise
Andromeda
Other Show Stories
Ineka's Stories
Smitty's Stories
Roper's Stories

Jimmy is evicted and has no where to stay, he ends up getting offered shelter from the unlikeliest personBosco.(an on going fic with many different adventures to come)

Title:Roomies

 

Summary: Jimmy is evicted and has no where to stay, he ends up getting offered shelter from the unlikeliest personBosco.

 

Disclaimer: I do not own the charactors from Third Watch, I just use them.

 

Chapter Rating: G or PG whatever helps you sleep at night

 

@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!

 

Chapter One:

 

Jimmy sat on the side of the road. What was he going to do? He had no where to go. He had just gotten kicked out of his apartment for not paying rent. He didnt have a phone to call anyone and ask for help and even if he did no one would let him in. His parents were away in Atlantic City, and Kim was dating this guy and it was getting pretty serious and living with her would be just awkward. He could be homeless for who knows how long.

 

Jimmy stood up, he decided to walk down the street and drown his sorrows in a couple beers. As he entered the bar, he sat down in a stool at the counter. The woman behind the bar looked about 50 and was currently fetching drinks for the four giggling girls at the other end of the bar. The woman walked over to Jimmy,

 

Whatll it be? she asked.

 

A beer thanks Replied Jimmy.

 

As she fetched the beer she had a worried expression on her face.

 

Whats the matter? You look pretty down.

 

I just got kicked out of my apartment and I have absolutely no where to go.

 

Oh I know how that feels. She said, My names Rose she stuck out her hand.

 

Jimmy he shook it. Rose placed his beer down on the counter.

 

            Hours later, Jimmy was drunk. He thought that since nothing could go any worse for him, that it didnt matter if he was sober or not. Rose looked over at him. Poor guy. His head was on the counter resting on his arm and it looked as if he was either going to fall asleep, or pass out.

 

Rose was cleaning the counters when she heard the door creak open and her eldest son stepped into the bar. He walked over to her and gave her a hug.

Hey Ma. How are you doing?

 

Im doing fine Maurice, its you Im worried about. She went in the back and brought out a coca cola and placed it in front of him.

 

Whats this? he asked.

 

No beer for you tonight, I know you are working tomorrow. She smiled at his obvious disappointment.

 

Bosco sat down on the bar stool beside the very drunk Jimmy, and was yet to recognise him.

 

Whos this guy? Bosco pointed at Jimmy.

 

Oh hes very nice, just got kicked out of his apartment and he has no where to go. I suppose Ill have to kick him out soon. Rose sighed.

 

Bosco looked more closely at the man in the heap beside him. He finally recognised him.

 

Doherty? Rose looked over at her son.

 

Do you know him honey? Bosco nodded.

 

I guess I should get going. Bosco didnt take his eyes off of Jimmy as he spoke.

 

Alright honey Ill see you soon. Rose gave him a kiss on the cheak.

 

He has no where to go? he asked. Rose shook her head.

 

I guess Ill take him then. Ever since you gave me back my old bed I have one extra so he can stay with me. Bosco pulled Jimmys arm over his shoulder and practically dragged him out to his car.

 

When they reached Boscos apartment, Bosco carried Jimmy upstairs and put him in the extra bed, in the room beside his. He tucked him in then went to bed himself.

 

!@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@ !@

 

The Next Morning

 

Jimmy Groaned. His head ached and hefelt as if hed been hit by a truck. He sat up in the bed, then he realised that it wasnt his bed. It wasnt his house. Then the memory of the eviction became clear in his mind. Damn it. Where was he? He looked at the clock, it was 2 oclock, he had to work in a couple hours. Jimmy walked over to the door of the room and looked out. There was no one in the hallway. The house looked reasonably messy. He walked into the hall,

 

Welcome to the world of the sober, Mr. Doherty. Said a voice from behind him. Jimmy whipped around and was incredibly surprised to see Bosco.

 

Boscorelli? What are you doing here?

 

I live here. Bosco said, obviously.

 

Then what am I doing here? Jimmy was very confused.

 

My mom was the bartender at the bar you went to last night. I came before closing and saw you passed out at the counter. My mom said that you had no place to go. Bosco explained, while leading the way to the kitchen.

 

Why did you let me stay here? Jimmy and Bosco didnt ever get along and Doherty was wondering why Bosco would let him in his house.

 

Well I wasnt exactly going to let you spend a night on the street. Bosco said, Placing two bowls on the table along with some milk and fruit loops.

 

Sit down, Man its not like Im going to poison you. Bosco paused for a moment and looked as if he was considering it.

 

Jimmy sat in a seat at the table and Boscorelli handed him a bowl of fruit loops.

 

So whyd you get kicked out of your apartment?

 

I didnt pay the rent. Jimmy explained, he looked over to the door and noticed the small back pack full of clothes that he had brought with him. When he finished the cereal he got up and put the bowl in the sink.

 

Well I should probibly go and book a hotel till I find a place. Jimmy sighed, Thanks Bosco, for not leaving me for the streets. Bosco nodded.

 

You know man, if you dont have a place, you can stay here until you find one. Bosco offered.

 

Really? Jimmy looked at him with the upmost surprise on his face.

 

Yeah sure, I got a spare room. Bos said as he put his bowl into the sink aswell.

 

Wow man, thatd be great. But I dont want to push you into anything.

 

No Im serious its okay, if you have no where else to go then by all means, stay here.

Jimmy had never expected Bosco to be that generous. Maybe he was a nice guy after all.

 

Okay, thanks thats awesome of you Bosco. I just have one question.

 

Yeah sure, what is it? Bosco asked.

 

Where are we?

Chapter 2:

 

 

Where are we?

 

In a house. Bosco said, sarcastically.

 

I know that! I mean WHERE are we? Where in New York? Jimmy said rolling his eyes.

 

Oh, um Bosco thought to himself.

 

Jesus Crist! How can you not know where you live? What street is this? Jimmy indicated out the window.

 

I dont pay that much attention when I drive okay? Its uh.oh, 4th and Schuurman. Said Bosco as the thought returned to him.

 

Well at least we got that sorted out. Jimmy mumbled to himself, if he had anywhere else to go, he wouldnt be here.

 

Look, its almost time for work. Do you need a ride? Bosco sighed, if Jimmy had anywhere else to go, he wouldnt have let him stay here.

 

Yeah, sure. That would be great, Bos.

 

Dont call me that, Jimmy looked at Bosco questioningly, You have to earn the right to call me Bos. Bosco told him and led the way out the door, leaving Jimmy with nothing to do but look confused and follow.

 

 @!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@! @!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@! @!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!

After Bosco dropped Jimmy off across the street, he parked his car in the precinct parking lot and headed off into the building. He passed by Leiutenent Swersky and nodded hello, then headed for the locker room to change before roll call.

 

Hey Bosco, hows it going? Davis asked when Bosco entered the locker room.

 

Pretty good Ty, you?

 

Awesome man. I just met this girl and shes.. Ty was cut off by Sully.

 

Davis if you take any longer, Bosco might beat you to roll call. Faith gave a snort of laughter from the other side of the lockers.

 

And if that happens, hell will freeze over and the world as we know it will end. She giggled.

 

Shut up Faith. Bosco started to change as the others made their way to the roll call room.

 

When he reached the roll call room, the Leuitenent rolled his eyes and indicated for Bosco to sit down. Bos took a seat in the back of the room, near the door.

 

Roll  call was pretty uneventful, the sargent just gave a warning about some gang activity that wasnt anywhere near Boscos normal route. He also said something about a man that escaped from a nearby mental institution downtown. The only information that involved Bosco was that, for some reason, he was riding with Davis in 55 David and Sully and Faith were riding 55 Charlie. All four of them exchanged glances as if asking if any of them knew why they were being switched around.

 

After Roll call, Davis collected the radios and him, Bosco, Faith and Sully met up beside their RMPs.

 

Do you have any idea why our partners were changed? Sully asked the others.

 

No idea. Faith answered. Bosco and Davis shook their heads.

 

Well, looks like Davis has a long day ahead of him so wed better get a move on. Sully said, receiving a glare from Bosco.

 

They hopped into their RMPs and they were off to protect the streets of New York.

 

#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%

 

As soon as Bosco dropped him off, Jimmy headed inside the building that held his closest friends. When he came up the stairs, he was greeted by the staff of FDNY firefighters and paramedics.

 

Jimmy man you look terrible. Said Carlos, from his seat in front of the television.

 

Thanks Carlos. Jimmy answered back, sarcastically.

 

No man, hes right you dont look too good. Said Walsh, while cooking food on the stove.

 

Aw.. Jimmy rubbed his hands over his face, in an effort to make his headache go away.

 

I got real drunk last night, so Im in hang over city. Mumbled Doherty.

 

What kind of drunk? Alex asked, curiously.

 

What kind of question is that? Kim questioned from her seat at the table.

 

Its a suitable question. There are two kinds of drunk, there is the Good Times drunk and Blue drunk. Alex stated simply.

 

What is Good Times drunk and Blue drunk? D.K. asked her, bewildered at the fact that Alex obviously felt that everyone already knew this.

 

Good Times Drunk is when you are out with friends and get drunk. And Blue drunk is when you are depressed about something, and drink to forget. Explained Alex.

 

Okay, then the Blue one. Jimmy answered.

 

What were you so depressed about that you had to drink to forget? Doc asked, eating Lucky Charms at the table.

 

I got evicted from my apartment. Jimmy clairified.

 

Aw, Jimmy Im sorry. Said Kim, always being the compationate one.

 

Yeah I had absolutely no where to go, so I drank myself silly. Jimmy sat down heavily on the couch.

 

No where to go? Why didnt you call your parents orwell not me, I really dont want to know what its like to live with you.

 

My parents are out of town in Atlantic City. Jimmy explained.

 

What about me? Kim asked, You could have called me.

No that would be weird, I mean, youve got that new guywhats his name again?

 

His name is Chris and hes a nice guy. Said Kim, noticing the tone in Jimmys voice.

 

Was he the one that ran you over? Walsh asked.

 

ALMOST ran me over. And he was sweet about it, he brought me for a check up at the hospital AND took me to dinner. Kim said proudly.

 

Yeah thats sweet. Maybe if you get him to actually hit you with the car hell ask you to marry him. Said Carlos.

 

Shut up Carlos! Kim growled.

 

So wait, if you had no where to go, where did you stay last night? Alex asked Jimmy.

 

uhwell I was really REALLY drunk and I dont remember much after that but someone brought me home. Jimmy remarked.

 

Oh my god, Jimmy do you know how dangerous that could have been man? Check your wallet? Doc spoke up his concerns.

 

No dont worry I knew him. Though, I should probibly still check my wallet. Jimmy said pulling out his wallet.

 

Well you are lucky, my friend. Couldve been a lot worse. Leiutenent Johnson said.

 

So how did, who ever it was, find you? Carlos asked.

 

Ohuh the bar I was at, was owned by his mom. Doc snorted into his cereal.

 

Whats so funny Doc? Kim asked, obviously no one else knew what was so funny.

 

Dont tell me. Doc smiled at Doherty, who nodded, knowing that Doc knew exactly where Jimmy was last night.

 

And he actually let you inside his house? I wouldnt have. Doc returned to his cereal, mood slightly brighter.

 

Hey what is so wrong with living with me? Besides when I told him Id find a hotel to stay at until I find an apartment, he said if I had no other place to go I could stay at his place until I find another one. Doc, again, snorted into his food.

 

 

Who? Carlos asked.

I didnt think he was that nice a guy. But I guess I probibly wouldnt turn you away to pay 300 bucks a night at a crappy hotel. Doc admitted.

 

Every one else was getting frustrated.

 

WHO??!! they all yelled at once.

 

I dont think that is of any importance. Jimmy shared a glance with Doc, knowing this would bug them all day long.

 

Before the conversation could go any further, a call came in.

 

55 engine theres a report of a raging fire on the corner of 17th and Trillium.

 

Chapter 3:

 

55-David there is a report of  a suspicious man on the roof of the building on the corner of 17th and Trillium. The radio crackled beside Bosco in the hot RMP. Bosco reached for the radio.

 

55-David on route. He responded, watching Davis exit the doughnut shop and walk to the RMP. He got in.

 

Hey man, any calls?  Davis asked as he stuffed a glazed doughnut in to his mouth. Bosco sighed and started up the car.

 

Whhuut? Ty asked noteing the sigh, mouth still full of food.

 

You are the leading cause of cop stereotype well actually thats Sully, but you are the second leading cause.

 

Ty laughed, he always liked hanging with Bosco, Sully was his best friend but sometimes since he was older, he didnt understand the kind of stuff that Davis liked to talk about.

 

When they pulled up to the building they saw two fire trucks, one from the 55th and the other from the 57th , but when they looked up there was no visibal fire. Taylor and Doherty walked over to them when they got out of their RMP.

 

Hey whats going on? Alex asked, Davis smiled at her.

 

Well we got a call for a suspicious guy or something like that. He explained.

 

Yeah we got here like ten minutes ago on a call for a raging fire, Jimmy looked up, Looks pretty dangerous huh?

 

Phony call? Bosco asked.

 

Well the 57th sent guys upstairs and onto every floor but nothing. Leiutenent Johnson is sending me and Jimmy to double check. Alex explained, looking over to the crowd watching interested from across the street.

 

Well go up with you, we gotta go to the roof. Ty told them.

 

With that the four emergency workers headed into the building. When they reached the roof, they stepped out, not really expecting anything. They were incredibly surprised to see a man with a gun pointed at several people.

 

Shit. Bosco said, the man whipped around and pointed the gun at them.

 

All of you, get over there. The man waved his gun towards the people croushing on the ground.

 

The four of them slowly walked over.

 

Hey man, why dont you just put the gun down and we can settle this. Davis tried to convince the man to calm down.

 

Guns on the ground, now! the man ordered. Bosco and Davis had no choice but to comply with the mans wishes, they placed down the guns and as they looked up Bosco noticed something.

 

Crap.

 

What? Ty asked him.

 

Its him. Bosco mumbled, this situation couldnt get any worse.

 

Who? Taylor asked from behind him.

 

In roll call we were warned that someone escaped from the mental institution downtown.

 

So? Jimmy asked. They all turned and gave him a look, Bosco pointed at the man with the gun.

 

Oh.. Jimmy realised what he was saying, this was that someone.

 

Be quiet! the man yelled, again waveing the gun.

Jimmy was about to whisper something to them when the man whipped around and grabbed him by the collar of his FDNY jacket.

 

I told you to be quiet! he yelled. Davis, Bosco and Alex looked ready to jump the guy.

 

The man pulled Jimmy closer to the edge of the building. Bosco looked down at his feet and saw a really long looking black rope tied to the building on one end. He made a mental note to ask why it was there. He grabbed it and tied it really tight around his right leg, then he stood up and started to walk cautiously towards Jimmy and the man.

 

Bosco what the hell are you doing? Alex whispered.  Bosco was ten feet away when the man brought his attention away from Jimmy. He growled at Bosco then through his arm out and pushed Jimmy over the side of the building.

 

No! yelled Alex.

 

Bosco ran towards the man but instead of fighting him, Bosco jumped over the side of the building after Jimmy.

 

Chapter Four:

 

As soon as the shock of what Bosco just did, wore off, Davis grabbed his gun and hit the man over his head. He crumpled to the ground and Davis handcuffed him. Then he noticed something beside him, it was a black rope and it was quickly going off the building. He also saw that one end of it was attached to the building. Ha ha Bosco you crazy bastard he thought to himself.

 

$#$#$#$#$##$#$$#$#$#$#$##$#$$#$#$#$#$##$#$$#$#$#$#$##$#$$#$#$#$#$##$#$

 

Walsh and D.K. were hanging out on the ground with Leiutenent Johnson and the rest of the firefighters from the 55th. The 57th engine left just after Jimmy and Taylor went into the building with Bosco and Davis. That was ten minutes ago, they were bored.

 

Whats taking them so long? Walsh asked.

 

Come on man, its Davis, Boscorelli, Jimmy and Taylor, who knows. Said D.K.

 

Suddenly they heard a scream that sounded really familiar. They looked up to see Jimmy falling from the building, hurtleing towards the ground.

 

%$%$%$%%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$

 

Bosco leaped from the building, he raced through the air after Jimmy. When he jumped, he didnt think at all, he just knew he had a rope attached to his leg and that Jimmy was going to die.

 

Now all he was thinking about was getting to Jimmy and not dieing. The wind was rushing past him and he was getting closer and closer to Doherty. The Floors were rushing by30 29 28 27 finally Bosco was almost within reach.

 

^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

 

Jimmy was so incredibly scared. He thought of Kim, hopeing she would be okay having Joey full time. He thought of the call to his parents and how they would take it. He thought of the guys at Camelot, Alex, D.K., Walsh, Leiu, Doc, Carlos. The cops Sully, Davis, Faith, Bosco. Finally he thought of Joey what was Joey gonna do with out a dad?

 

His life was flashing before his eyes and he thought how he should tell the guys that the movies had it right, but he remembered that he was probibly never going to see them again. Just as that thought raced through his brain in a wave of sadness, the falling stopped.

 

What the hell? Jimmy thought as he opened his eyes and saw the street below him. It looked like he was outside the 15th floor. It was like something out of the Twilight Zone. He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a yelp come from above him. He noticed the pressure being put on his left arm. Jimmy looked up.

 

He never thought in all his days on Earth, he would see what he was seeing now. Above him, clinging to Jimmys hand, attached to a rope comeing from the roof, with an extremely pained look on his face, was Bosco. Jimmy never thought he would be so happy to see him in his life. He heard cheers from below him, he looked down to see the firefighters of the 55 looking tremendously relieved.

 

Doherty? Boscos voice was pained and he took a shakey breath.

 

Yeah Bosco? Jimmy noted that Bosco looked pretty strained.

 

Can you reach that window beside you? Boscos eyes were closed and he looked peaceful, no longer having the pained look on his face, though Jimmy knew he was still in an unscaleable amount of agony.

 

Jimmy looked over to a window to his right. He reached for it, accidently swinging. Bosco yet out another yelp.

 

Sorry man but its the only way. Bosco nodded. You ready? Bosco nodded again.

 

Alright lets go. Jimmy started swinging and Bosco had to stop himself from screaming, his leg was killing him.

 

Jimmy managed to grasp the open window with his free hand and held tightly.

 

okay I got it. Jimmy let go of Boscos hand and pulled himself inside the window.

 

He turned around to help Bosco in. Just as he was reaching for the police officer, the rope broke. Just in time, Jimmy managed to grab Boscos hand and pull him up.

 

They landed inside a hallway, luckily, right near the elevators.

 

Jimmy and Bosco took a couple of minutes to lie down and calm down after that surpriseing situation.

 

After five minutes Doherty sighed.

 

Alright Bosco time to go. He helped Bosco up and put his friends arm over his shoulders.

 

Its probibly dislocated. As soon as we get downstairs well go to the hospital. They stepped into the elevator and headed down.

 

Whyd you do it man? Jimmy asked, looking Bosco up and down.

 

Cuz who else would I insult every day? Bosco said eyes closed.

 

ha ha no seriously man. Why? I thought you hated me. Boscos eyes opened in shock.

 

What? I dont hate you. Why do you think I hate you?

 

Cuz well we always insult eachother and pull pranks.

 

That doesnt mean we hate eachother man. Bosco stated, eyes closed once again. Do you hate me?

 

No I just thought you hated me. Jimmy said. The doors of the elevator opened and they stood up again, Doherty standing by in case Bosco was gonna fall. They walked and limped out of the building.

 

WHOO!

 

YEAH!!

 

Man that was NICE!

 

They were greeted with cheering from the firefighters and the people waiting across the street. They even saw a guy with a camera.

 

Bosco, do you need a ride to the hospital? Davis asked from beside the RMP when he saw Bosco was limping. Bosco nodded and Jimmy told the FDNY firefighters that he was going to ride with Bosco to the hospital.

 

Jimmy do you wanna drive? I dont wanna put you in the back with this guy. Davis indicated to the man cuffed in the back. Jimmy nodded.

 

After they dropped the guy off at the precinct with some more officers, they made their way to the hospital, not knowing that they were going to get quite a welcome.

 

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&&*&*&

 

Faith sat leaning against the counter as Sully filled out the paper work on the woman they just brought to the hospital. Doc and Carlos were chatting with Kim and some new rookie that she was showing around.

 

Oh My God. Faith heard from behind the counter.

 

What is it Mary? Yokas asked the nurse behind the desk.

 

Hey all of you! Mary got the attention of Doc, Carlos, Kim, Faith and Sully. Look at this. She turned the volume up on the TV above them. They all listened intently to the news caster.

 

Our top story tonight. During a routine job at a building on the corner of 17th and Trillium, firefighter Jimmy Doherty was pushed off the roof of the building by a crazed man, we are told was holding them hostage. Doherty was unharmed however, because Officer Maurice Boscorelli dove off the building with a rope attached to his leg. Boscorelli grabbed hold of Doherty, thus preventing him from falling. The officer was injured during his heroic action but we dont know how serious it is. Here is a clip filmed by a man on scene.

 

The five emergency workers watched with awe at the screen, as they saw Jimmy fall and Bosco dive off of the building. Then they turned when they heard a voice from behind them say:

 

Aw crap they saw it.

Chapter 5:

 

            Aw crap they saw it. Jimmy said with a disapointed look on his face.

 

Amen, brother. Said Bosco from beside him.

 

All five of their colleages whipped around and ran over, bombarding them with question after question after question.

 

What were you doing up there?!

 

Jumping off a building?

 

What are you, nuts?

 

Okay okay, stop the questions! Ty said above the worried, annoyed and frustrated voices of Faith, Sully, Doc, Carlos and Kim.

 

Why dont we get these guys some medical attention before you start giving them the third degree? Davis suggested.

 

Everyone nodded and followed as a doctor led them to one of the exam rooms.

 

He sat Bosco down on the bed and looked him over.

 

MMMhumph okay that looks pretty bad the doctor spoke to himself as he examined Boscos leg.

 

Bosco was getting more and more frustrated with this doctor.

 

yes I see ouch, that must have hurt well

 

What?! he couldnt take it anymore, Just tell me what is wrong with my leg so I can go home! Bosco was immensly annoyed at this guy. The other emergency workers in the room just smiled to themselves. At least Bosco was still acting like Bosco.

 

You have a dislocated knee. Ill have to set it and wrap it. And youll need a couple days off and someone will have to stay with you to keep an eye on you, Mr. Boscorelli. The doctor explained.

 

Thatll be a problem, Boscos not an easy person to live with. Snorted Faith, the others chuckled. Bosco glared and the doctor spoke again.

 

So is there anyone that will be willing to stay with you?

 

Im staying with him for awhile. Jimmy told the doctor.

 

The others gave expressions of shock.

 

Wait, Jimmy and Bosco in the same apartment? Oh god! Kim said.

 

So Bosco was the one who found you piss drunk? Carlos commented. Bosco smiled,

 

It was more than just piss drunk, he was a mess, he was half concious and drooling all over the place. Gross. Bosco said.

 

I was NOT! Jimmy glared back at Bosco.

 

You SO were, lying there. Bosco turned to Carlos, Didnt even know where he was in the morning. Carlos laughed, Jimmy just tried to ignore it.

 

You know what? I dont care what you say. Everyone knows the truth, right guys? Jimmy looked proudly at the paramedics and cops on the other side of the room. They didnt say anything.

 

Wait a minute you believe BOSCORELLI over me? This is sick. The doctor interupted with a cough.

 

Im going to need to speak with both of you, indicating to Jimmy and Bosco, About the at home instructions.

 

With that, the rest of the group left, promising to call Leuitenents Johnson and Swersky to tell them that Doherty and Boscorelli werent going to be at work for the next couple days.

Carlos stopped in the door way and looked back with a smile on his face.

 

He was really drooling?

 

Chapter Six:

 

After receiving Boscos at home instructions, Jimmy and Bosco caught a ride with Davis back to Camelot to get change and pick up Boscos car.

 

I cant believe I have to watch you for a week. Jimmy said.

 

Hey, you volunteered, and dont make it sound so much like your babysitting me.

 

I cant even look at you for a day, let alone a week. Said Jimmy, ignoring Boscos comment.

 

You know what? Bosco said frustrated.

 

What? said Jimmy just as annoyed as Bosco.

 

You are irriatating.

 

Am not!

 

Are too!

 

Nu uh!!

 

You SO are!

 

SHUT UP! yelled Davis from the drivers seat.

 

God, how the hell are you guys going to last, acting like this.

 

Acting like what? Are you insulting our personalities? Jimmy asked offended.

 

No its just-

 

So youre saying that we are stupid? Bosco said.

 

No-wait-where the hell did that come from? I never said-

 

So now we jump to conclusions? Jimmy asked.

 

No I- Davis finally realised that they were just trying to annoy him. He sighed, this was going to be a long ride home, even if it was only four more blocks.

 

ARRRRRRRRRR said Davis in frustration, when he heard giggleing coming from Bosco and Jimmy.

 

They pulled up to Camelot and parted, Jimmy heading to the firehouse and Bosco and Davis going into the precinct.

 

Walking in, Bosco got numerous pats on the back and people were saying thinges like,

 

Good job man.

 

Didnt know you had it in you Boscorelli.

 

Bosco just nodded and followed Davis to the changing room.

 

~

 

Jimmy ran up the steps to the firehouse and was greeted with a couple of whisles from the firefighters. He just laughed it off. Jimmy walked up the stairs to where his stuff was and changed quickly. Truthfully, he was thankful for a couple of days off, even if it was spent with Bosco. On the way back down he exchanged a couple words with everyone then went out the doors to meet Bosco at his car.

 

Doherty crossed the street and saw Bosco limping out of the precinct with Davis standing by in case he fell. Something caught Jimmys attention.

 

Davis? Arent you gonna work for the next hour and a half?

 

No, since I dont have a partner anymore and there is only a little time left for shift, Leiutenent Swersky let me off early. Actually to tell you the truth I think it was because he didnt want Bosco to drive his own car home and be responsible for the deaths of anyone that was stupid enough to get in his way. Said Davis, Jimmy laughed.

 

Im perfectly capable of driving my own car. Bosco protested, My leg doesnt hurt that much.

 

Bosco do you remember when the doctor set your leg back? You screamed like a girl! Jimmy said with a smile.

 

I did not, I didnt say anything, it didnt hurt that much. Bosco said proudly.

 

I was there Bosco, I know.

 

*****FLASHBACK**TO**THE**HOSPITAL*****

 

CRACK!

 

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!

 

*****END**FLASHBACK*****

 

Jimmy and Davis doubled over laughing.

 

Very funny, but you forget, I am the one with the keys to the car. I can leave you here and drive home by myself. Bosco warned.

 

Yeah if you want to get arrested, go ahead. Davis stated.

 

Oh? And what would I be arrested for? Bosco said in a mocking, sarcastic tone.

 

How about driving under the influence of stupidity.

 

Chapter Seven:

 

            AWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKK moaned a voice from underneath the blue sheets. Jimmy poked his head out of the pile of covers on top of his bed. He opened his sleepy eyes and glanced at the clock beside his head. 12:47. He moaned again then tossed his tired legs over the side of the bed. Jimmy opened the door to his temporary room and glanced down the hall. Boscos door was open as it always was and Doherty could see half of Boscos body hanging off of the bed. He smiled and made his way to the room and towards the boom box that was currently right beside Boscos head. Jimmy turned the volume knob all the way to the maximum volume then pushed the power button.

 

GIVE UP THE GRUDGE! YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR MOUTH! WHYD YOU HAVE TO JUDGE EVERYBODY BUT YOURSE-

 

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH Bosco screamed as he woke suddenly to the blaring music. As soon as he saw Jimmy laughing his ass off, Bosco slambed his fist down on the power button, ceasing the music, then leaped towards Jimmy and tackled him to the ground.

 

HA HA HA! Oh my god that was priceless! HAHA Jimmy was still hysterical and Boscos attack didnt seem to stop it.

 

You are such a jag off. Bosco said in agrivation.

 

Yeah, but a funny jag off. Chuckled Jimmy from the ground while Bosco got up. Bosco just rolled his eyes then smiled at Jimmy.

 

What? Jimmy stopped laughing when he saw the look on Boscos face. Bosco just burst out laughing.

 

WHAT?! Doherty was getting frustrated as Bosco rolled around and pointed at him.

 

nice . Boxers Bosco said between laughs. Jimmy looked down to see his boxers.

 

There is nothing wrong with them. he defended.

 

Of course there isnt if you like pink hearts. Bosco burst out laughing again and Jimmy just threw a pillow at him.

 

I wouldnt be talking look at yours. Jimmy chuckled. Bosco stopped laughing and realised that he was wearing scooby doo boxers. Boscos eyes went wide and he ran out of the room and down the hall to the t.v. room. Jimmy was confused so he followed. When he reached Bosco he was sitting on the couch completely entranced by the television.

 

Bosco what are you-

 

SSHHHH shut up man Im watching. Bosco hissed, eyes never leaving the screen. Jimmy looked over at the screen and burst out laughing again.

 

So this is why you ran off? So you wouldnt miss Scooby-Doo. Thats hillarius!

 

Be quiet! This is a good one! Bosco said in complete seriousness.

 

Is this why youre late for work every day?

 

Shut up!

 

RING RING RING

 

Arent you going to answer that? Jimmy asked. When Bosco didnt reply, he answered the phone.

 

Boscos house.

 

Jimmy? Daviss voice asked.

 

Yeah hey Davis hows it going?

Pretty good. I didnt think anyone would answer cause you know, scooby is on. Davis chuckled.

 

Oh I know that one. Bosco is watching it right now. What are you doing? Jimmy asked.

 

Just hanging, thought maybe Id swing by on my way to work.

 

Yeah thatd be good, so see ya soon.

 

Alright bye. Jimmy hung up. He looked over at Bosco he was lip sinking the scooby doo theme music while the credits were playing.

 

oh my god! I am making breakfast, I cant handle watching this crap.

 

Its not crap!

 

 

TBC...

Chapter Eight:

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

Thatll be Davis. Jimmy said as he rose from his seat on the couch. Bosco grunted in reply, Doherty just rolled his eyes, he was glad for the distraction because he was sick of watching scooby doo.

 

Jimmy walked to the door and opened it.

 

Hey Jimmy, hows it going? Davis asked as him and Carlos walked into the apartment.

 

Good. How you guys doing? Jimmy asked.

 

Awesome. Davis responded as they made their way to the room Bosco was in. Jimmy noticed Carlos looking around curiously.

 

You never been here before? he asked.

 

Nope. Said Carlos is response.

 

Dont inhale the air. Jimmy said as he walked into the kitchen to make something to eat.

 

Davis went and sat down beside Bosco.

So how was Scooby doo?

 

Awesome. Shaggy and Scooby got locked in this freezer and then saved the day from ghosts. Said Bosco, looking particularly happy.

 

Oh my god! came Jimmys voice, showing how stupid he thought the television show was.

 

Shut up Boxer boy. Bosco retorted. Carlos and Davis looked at each other questioningly.

 

Boxer Boy? Carlos asked. Bosco smiled.

 

He has boxers with get this, little hearts on them. they burst into laughter.

 

I wouldnt be talking, you have boxers with scooby doo on them. Bosco stopped laughing.

 

Are you insulting the Scoob? Bosco asked, offended, he turned to Davis, Davis, hes insulting the Scoob.

 

Talk about obsessed. Jimmy mumbled to himself.

 

Davis turned to him and from behind Bosco he mouthed the words. RUN! MY GOD JIMMY! RUN!

 

~!~!~!~!~!~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

 

The next couple days went quickly for Bosco and Jimmy. Though they still didnt get along very well, they were releived to have at least one person around instead of spending their days off alone.

 

Today was the day they went back to work. Boscos leg was much better and he was barely limping. For some reason, yet again Davis and Bosco were partnered up.

 

So have you guys figured out why our partners were changed? Bosco asked Sully, Faith, and Davis.

 

No, Its weird. Faith said. Bosco sighed, just another confusing part of his life. The former partners nodded to each other and then made their way to their RMPs.

 

I call driving! Davis said as fast as he could. Bosco just looked at him.

 

You are so immature, do you really think that I care who drives? He asked.

 

Davis ventured a guess, Yeah? Bosco looked at him seriously for a moment, breathed in deeply, then ran as fast as he could to the drivers side.

 

Chapter Nine:

 

UHHHHHH. Groaned Ty, Im so bored.

 

It had been 3 hours since the beginning of their shift and not one call came in. Just as Davis was thinking the radio wasnt ever going to say anything. It did.

 

55-David respond to robbery at the corner of King and 4th.

 

YES!!! came the exasperated response from Bosco on the passengers side.

 

When they reached their destination the two exited their RMP. They walked into the convenience store with their guns lowered in caution. It was difficult to see what was going on in the shop because the windows were tinted, so the cops walked towards it uneasily. Just as Bosco was about to open the door, it burst open and a man ran out and pushed Bosco to the ground as he went by.

 

Bosco jumped to his feet quickly.

 

I got him, you check for any more. He said to Ty before running off down the street after the robber.

 

Bosco was running painfully. Moving this fast hurt his leg. He was about 15 feet behind the guy as they ran down King st. Bosco kept cursing at his leg. if it werent for his recent injury he would have caught the guy by now.

 

He chased the man around the corner and into the building on the corner of King and Arthur which Bosco swore at the back of his mind at. He just hoped that no one was in the firehouse.

 

He was almost right. No one was in the firehouse except Jimmy.

 

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

 

Jimmy had been left behind while the rest of the firefighters and paramedics rushed to a major fire across town, to help another precinct who needed assistince with the fire. Jimmy was left behind because they others thought he looked kind of sick and, though he protested, made him stay at the firehouse and get better.

 

Jimmy was watching T.V. in the rec room. Never before had he realized that the firehouse was so boring.

 

Just then Jimmy heard shouting and footsteps comeing up the stairs. A man ran up the stairs and, once at the top, spotted Jimmy and pointed his gun. Doherty quickly jumped on the other side of the couch as one two three shots were fired. Luckily, the couch was pretty thick.

 

Jimmy heard more footsteps comeing up the stairs and peeked his head around the couch. Bosco reached the top of the stairs and the man tackled him.

 

Boscos gun skidded along the floor and stopped about ten feet from Jimmy. Bosco and the man were struggleing when the man hit Bosco in his newly healed leg and Bosco yelped. The man got up and about two feet away from Bosco lifted his gun, cocked it, aimed it at Bosco and .

 

BANG!

 

The man fell to the floor. Bosco was shocked he looked around and saw Jimmy, ten feet from the couch, holding Boscos gun, in shock of what he had just done.

 

Bosco got up and limped over to Jimmy.

 

You okay Doherty? Doherty just nodded, the shocked expression never leaving his face. Bosco then limped over to the man and checked for a pulse.

 

Hes dead, Bosco looked at Jimmy, a sincere expression on his face, Thanks Jimmy, if you didnt do that then I would be Bosco looked over at the deceased man before him.

 

No problem. Jimmy had changed his expression but he looked slightly disturbed. He handed the gun to Bosco.

 

Jimmy you dont look so good. You okay? Bosco asked.

 

Jimmy nodded, then passed out.

Chapter Ten:

 

Jimmy! Bosco caught him just before he hit the ground, then lowered him the rest of the way. He lifted his radio.

 

55-David we need a bus at the firehouse on the corner of King and Arthur. Bosco was checking Jimmys pulse and breathing when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He looked up.

 

Oh my god! What happened? Davis rushed over to Bosco and Jimmy.

 

I was fighting with that guy, Bosco pointed to the dead man on the floor, And he was about to shoot me, when Jimmy shot him first. Then he passed out. Bosco explained.

 

Davis took it all in, then noticed a pair of eyes watching their conversation.

 

Jimmy are you okay? Bosco turned and noticed Jimmy was awake aswell. They sat him up.

 

Im alright its just. Jimmy paused.

 

What is it? Bosco asked.

 

I just cant believe I passed out. Jimmy and Davis laughed.

 

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!~~!!~!~!~!~

 

Ah Im so glad thats over. Alex commented to Doc, Carlos, and Kim as they finished filling out forms for the victims of the fire that they had just brought into the hospital.

 

It had taken hours before the firemen could even get to the people trapped inside the burning building.

 

I bet Jimmys just relaxing in front of the television. Doc said.

 

Hopefully hes feeling better than before, he looked pretty pale. Kim said. Just then a call came on the radio.

 

55-Boy, 55-Adam, please respond. It crackled. Both Alex and Doc answered.

 

55- Boy

 

55-Adam

 

Proceed to call at the firehous on the corner of King and Arthur.

 

Did it just say what I think it said? Carlos asked.

 

Jimmy. Doc said what they were all thinking, then they rushed to their buses and drove to the firehouse as fast as they could.

 

When they pulled up they spotted a few cops outside and they made their way up the stairs.

 

They saw a few more cops covering the body of an unknown man who was obviously dead. Doc quickly spotted Leiutenent Swersky over near the body.

 

Leiutenent, what happened? he asked.

 

Boscorelli was chasing a perp down King street and he ran in here. They fought, he pointed the gun at Bosco but Doherty shot him first. Leiutenent Swersky explained.

 

Oh my god! Said Kim.

 

Where are they? Alex asked. The leuitenent indicated towards the television room. All four of the paramedics rushed towards it to find, Sully and Faith were talking on the couch, Jimmy and Davis playing video games, laughing and yelling at the television screen, and Bosco was sitting upside down on the couch, filling out papers.

 

Davis! How come I have to fill out the papers? Bosco whined.

 

For the last time Bosco, we flipped a coin for it, you said heads and it was tails so I won. Just do the damn paperwork and stop whineing. Davis said.

 

What dyou say to the best two out of three? Bosco asked hopefully. Faith, Sully and Jimmy turned around this time and in unison said,

 

He said NO!  Bosco just sighed and went back to work.

 

Kim, Alex, Carlos and Doc walked into the room.

 

Are you guys okay? We heard what happened. Doc spoke to the group.

 

Were fine. Said Jimmy. Though he was feeling horrible inside, he was doing his best to hide the fact that he was incredibly sad about having to kill that man. Doherty kept telling himself that it was either that guy or Bosco.

 

The group talked for awhile, Leiutenent Swersky had given Bosco and Davis a break for 2 hours and the others werent getting any calls. But one by one they responded to Domestics and asthma attacks and it came down to just Davis, Jimmy and Bosco.

 

Well, we better get going. Davis said.

 

55-David, 10-98 Bosco said into the radio.

 

You going to be okay Doherty? he asked. Jimmy was going to tell him, but stopped himself, he didnt know Bosco that well and decided that this issue was one he could sort out with himself.

 

No Bos, Im fine. He said.

 

Hey what did I say about calling me Bos? Bosco asked. Davis rolled his eyes, so did Jimmy, he then repeated.

 

I have to earn the right to call you Bos. He said it like he was a child reciting his chore list. Bosco winked.

 

Come on Bos, lets go. Davis said. Jimmy frowned.

 

Hey how come he can call you Bos?

 

Cause he earned it.

Chapter 11:

 

It was eleven oclock and Jimmy and the rest of the third watch were now off duty. Jimmy was tired but knew he wouldnt get any sleep so he decided to accept the invitation to go to Haggertys that he got from Doc. Doc had called Bosco and Davis to invite them aswell. Faith and Sully were also coming.

 

Jimmy crossed the street and went to sit on Boscos car to wait for him and the others. It took about five minutes before Faith, Sully, Davis and Bosco came out of the precinct and walked over.

 

Hey you cant sit on a beauty like this. Bosco indicated towards the car. Jimmy and the others rolled their eyes.

 

Dont worry Bosco, Im sure Julie didnt take it personally.Faith smirked.

 

Julie? Sully inquired.

 

He named his car. Faith said as she burst into laughter.

 

When they reached Haggertys, everyone else was already there. Alex, Carlos, Doc, and Kim were sitting in a large booth talking.

 

Hey guys. They said as they saw the group walk in.

 

Hey Davis why dont you and me get some drinks? Jimmy asked.

 

Uh sure. Davis said, it seemed like Jimmy had more on his mind.

 

They walked towards the bar counter and asked for a few pints of beer. While they were waiting, Davis asked,

 

Jimmy why do I get the impression you want to talk to me about something? it was said with sarcasm because Jimmy was anxiously bouncing from foot to foot.

 

Okay . Yeah. Jimmy said.

 

So what is it? Davis asked him after a pause.

 

Ever since I Killed that guy, I feel so He ran out of words.

 

Dirty? Ty asked in sympathy.

 

Yeah I feel like such a bad person. But I dont know who to talk to about this. Doherty admitted.

 

Why dont you try to talk to some one who has more experience with this sort of thing. Ty suggested.

 

Like who? You? Jimmy asked.

 

No I probibly wouldnt help much. I havent needed to kill that many people in the line of duty.

 

I just feel so depressed.

 

Maybe you should ask the expert on that subject. Jimmy looked confused. Davis indicated towards one of their friends.

 

Boscorelli? He wouldnt know depression if it bit him in the ass. Jimmy laughed.

 

Are you sure about that Jimmy? Davis asked, I know Bos a lot better than you and if you look for it you can tell.

 

Your kidding right? Jimmy smiled. Davis leaned in closer.

 

Bosco is the most unhappy person I know. He barely ever smiles. Next time he does, look him in the eyes, you can tell he doesnt mean it. Davis picked up the beer mugs and made his way back to the group. Jimmy sat for a second and thought about what he had just been told and then grabbed the rest of the mugs and joined the others.

 

The night was great, they had a lot of fun. Doherty had been watching Bosco a lot and realised that Davis was right, he didnt smile a lot. Just then, while Faith was telling a story of something that happened during one of her and Boscos shifts and every body laughed, Jimmy looked over at Bosco again and saw him smile.

 

He looked in his eyes and noticed that they didnt change. Davis, who was beside Jimmy, asked Bosco a question and he turned towards them to answer. When Doherty looked closer he noticed that all of Boscos expression was in his eyes, his face stayed totally neutral. While Bos spoke to Ty, his eyes stayed in the frozen expression of deep sadness and pain.

 

At that moment Jimmy realised that he had judged Bosco as an annoying, joking around, jackass when he should have looked closer.

 

He made a vow to soon find out why Boscos eyes were the way they were, full of sadness and pain.

Roper's Stories

Thanks for reading.